Sunday, April 22, 2012

Songs I Never Get Tired Of #21

Everlong
By Foo Fighters

Well, I could talk about how I never get tired of listening to post-grunge rock because I grew up with it, or I could talk about just how influential Dave Grohl was (and still is, I suppose) to modern rock, or I could do what everybody on all those lyric interpretation websites do and pick the song apart, but the fact of the matter is that Everlong is just a really great love song. Not my favourite music video, but a fantastic song nevertheless.

What sets it apart from many other love songs is that although the lyrics are sappy, the music is quick and driving, building in intensity as the song goes along, giving the whole piece a more urgent, sexual feel.

Everlong may be about finding harmony in love, but when I close my eyes and listen, it always makes me think of a chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment